Sunday, April 28, 2013

Warning




Everyone that knows me knows that I love bacon. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, or as an inbetween snack, I just love bacon! Everyone keeps warning me that eating so much bacon will lead to an early grave for me. But I keep eating bacon.

Everything in life seems to come with a warning. Too much sun will kill you. Drinking milk will kill you. Drinking coffee will kill you. Eating red meat will kill you. Eating too much sugar will kill you. Eating artificial sweetener will kill you. (So why is there even a need for artificial sweetener?) Recently, I read a humorous warning that stated: "100% of all people who drink water will eventually die!"
So what are we to do? Obviously, we want to eat and drink as healthy as possible. But let's face it, we are all going to die. I don't want to sound morbid here, but it's true. We ALL are going to die at some point.

Romans 3:23 warns us that "All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." And in Romans 6:23, it adds, "the wages of sin is DEATH ... " ... and in this case, it refers to eternal death, not just the death of our earthly bodies. Fortunately, it adds on in Romans 6:23, " ... the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

I am going to die one day. But I am going to live an eternity in Heaven. One of the most memorized verses in scripture says it best ... "For God so loved the world, he gave His only begotten Son, so that those who believe in Him will not perish, but have everlasting life!" ... John 3:16

I am not scared of death because of His promise! But I am not trying to rush God's plans at all. Therefore, perhaps, I should eat less bacon. Sorry, I refuse to eat turkey bacon as was suggested by my doctor once. I haven't been back to see her since she made that recommendation!
When your earthly body dies, where do you plan on spending eternity? We only have two choices. Heaven or Hell. 

Visit PLAN OF SALVATION for more information as to how to guarantee your reservation in Heaven!




No comments:

Post a Comment